Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Husband Left Me... and other things.

Do you want to read a blog with a lot of substance? Well, if so, you've come to the wrong place. Because this blog is all about me making my mundane day-to-day look like a big ta-da. And whether you love it or hate it, you're reading it, so I don't want to hear your complaints.

So making people angry is apparently the best way to get more people to read your blog- let them love you or hate you, but it is easier to one than the other. Isn't that the truth in all aspects of life? It's easier to say hurtful things than to say nice things. It's like Dolly Parton said on some 80's movie I watched today, "It doesn't hurt your face to give a smile."

Ah, so true Dolly, so true.

Well it's true, my husband left me. I debated whether or not to say anything on my blog because it was a very traumatic experience for me. OKAY, the gig is up. He only left me for four days, but still, it was very traumatic. While he was living it up at a moot court competition in Raleigh, NC- I was sleeping in the living room on the blow up mattress in case I heard a noise, in which case, I would be able to quickly verify whether it was actually something to freak out about or not.

What? You think I am a scaredy-cat? You think I'm a wuss? Well, you're right. But the first step to rehabilitation is admitting it, yes? Either way, I was disgustingly sick the entire time he was gone, which made his absence even worse. On a lighter note, he made it all the way to semi-finals!

Okay, on to the other stuff:

Mother sent me some super cute Betty Draper (Mad Men's lonely wife- kind of fitting since Husband left me all alone this weekend) pearl button earrings. I had been searching for some forever and while on the phone late one night with Mother, we found the perfect pair on ebay. Thanks ebay sniper!

I made these hats for our Young Republican meetings (well, actually I bought the hats and then glued President's faces on them). I set a hat with a different president's head on it at each table, and whatever president's name we pick, we buy drinks for that table. YAY Freebies! Well, lately an old man has been sticking around for our meetings and apparently thought he was supposed to wear it. But he can do whatever he wants- whose going to stop him?

Crikey, I'm out of "other stuff." WELL, if you are really requiring your ANIBSHO fix- you can read Sarah's blog about how I won the lottery here. Other than that, I'm out of the mundane.

Until I do something else equally uneventful...

Always, ANIB

1 comments:

  1. Cute hats and game you came up with! Love the earrings on you!

    ReplyDelete