Not me! Silly people...
I thought we were out of dog food when I was perusing the grocery store earlier today and so I picked up some more, only to come home to discover that we had a plethora of dog food in our cabinet. Yes, I feed my dog soft food. Yes, I know he is spoiled. No, he doesn't like hard food anymore. No, I don't care- he has discriminating taste. He knows what he likes, he's like his mother.
His taste is so discriminating in fact, that I decided this would be the perfect time to test out which flavor was Matlock's actual favorite. And so the preparations began:
I put them in color-coded order so I could remember the order in which they were plated when it came taste testing time. Me, color-code something? I know it's hard to believe.
The more I prepared the feast, the more excited I got. With my keen expertise and observation of how fast Matlock ate each type in the past- I ventured a guess that he would definitely go for the (green) Savory Rice & Lamb Stew.
And so the Beneful Dog Food Taste Test Challenge began...
(I should note that I believe I was missing one or two types of the flavors here, so all Beneful meals are not represented in the taste test below.)
And the winner is...
Yay for (blue) Roasted Turkey Medley (that was my second choice).
And in case you really wanted to know the breakdown:
Roasted Turkey Medley
2nd Place:
Savory Rice & Lamb Stew
3rd Place:
Simmered Beef Entree
4th Place:
Chicken Stew
Tied for Last:
Beef & Chicken Medley
Simmered Chicken Medley
But in the end, Matlock preferred his busy bone over all of them. You should see the busy bone we got him for Valentine's Day, but that's tomorrow.
Always, ANIBSHO





Love this post!! Look at you, you've been posting all weekend. I've been a little distracted, but I'm about to make up for it. :) You should send this post into Beneful and see if you might get some free stuff like the professional bloggers get!
ReplyDeleteYou encouraged me to buy the Beneful food! My dogs are loving it!
ReplyDeleteMatlock has since stopped eating soft food since the challenge, which means he discovered he has choices, and now snubs his nose at any kind he isn't in the mood for. Puppies?!?!
ReplyDelete