Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Super Bowl Powers of Persuasion

I don't like to brag- but... I have developed the ability to decide who is going to win when watching a football game- all it takes is for me to utter one phrase, one ity-bity, seemingly insignificant phrase that seals the fate of the game every time- "Go (insert team name here)!"


My powers of persuasion are so compelling that Husband literally gets irate when I choose to go for the opposite team he is cheering for. Thus, he has began encouraging me, lobbying even, to cheer for the team he is routing for before the games began (or before he can do something to make me angry, leading me to want to route for the opposing team).

With the super bowl less than 24 hours away, the lobbying commenced and the following conversation took place:

Husband: "Okay Amber, I need you to say 'We are going to watch Peyton win the super bowl tomorrow."

Me: "Okay, okay, later."

Husband: "No, I need you to say that we are going to watch Peyton win the super bowl tomorrow."

Me: [Not really paying attention] "Okay- we are going to win Peyton watching the..."

Husband: [shaking his head back and forth] "No, no"

Me: [realizing I was getting mixed up] "Okay, sorry. We are going to watch Peyton win the Super Bowl tomorrow!"

Husband: "Yeah!"

Me: "Yeah! I just hope there isn't a Peyton on the other team too."

Husband: [looking nervous now] "The head coach's name is Sean Payton."

Me: "Uh oh. Either way, I win."

Yay for Super Bowl Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. We are voting to THE PEYTON. We want snow details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Post-Super Bowl Sunday, Husband is convinced I was saying "pAyton" instead of "pEyton" and that the colts losing is ultimately my fault. I'll never tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck happened??? I think I agree with your husband!!! You were too distracted by blogging and didn't pronunciate correctly! It's all your fault! Well, at least we had some great appetizer's!!

    ReplyDelete