I've been coming home from work lately, my upper back and lower neck throbbing from hunching over my computer screen at work all day. It's my own fault, but it is so hard to remember to sit up straight without your parents their to tell you to. I can hear my mother and stepfather now, "Sit up straight. Stop sitting on your foot. Do you want to have a hunch back and varicose veins when you grow up?"
I just wanted to be comfortable. But my recent poor posture has lead to anything but comfort when I get home. After constantly reminding myself to sit up straight only to catch myself slouching only moments later, I decided something else had to be done. That's when I remembered the old-school trick of balancing a book on your head. I had just done this in a photo shoot for one of NRA's magazines, so the idea was still fresh on my mind.
The first night, it worked wonders. My back instantly started feeling better- but I have since noticed that I can slouch and balance a book on my head (one of my many talents). But as a plus, Husband has started complimenting me on how lady-like and poised I look all the sudden. I've got him fooled.
It's still fun and beneficial- I just wonder what kind of other things I can do to harness this lady-like poise everyone talks about. Why aren't etiquette classes required anymore? These things seem important.
Stay tuned for SNOW STORM COVERAGE 2010.





I like the new look of your blog. And, happy belated birthday. Hope you guys enjoy the snow!
ReplyDeleteKayce
Oh, for all those who are wondering- the book on my head is the Secret Life of Bees- a book I read once and then picked it up a year later and managed to get 30 pages into it before realizing I had already read it. When did my reading comprehension get so bad?
ReplyDelete