Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"The Best Love Story Movie Since Love Actually"

It was a glorious evening of snow, mean metro people, our deserted nation's capital, popcorn, and of course, love. It was a glorious star-filled evening, movie stars that is. You see our good friends, The Petersons, got exclusive tickets to a sneak preview of the new Valentine's Day movie, set to come out Feb. 12th.


How do we know such well-connected people? Well, I don't like to name drop but... Husband goes to law school with Rich, Rich is married to Emily, and Emily works for a sweet boutique hotel chain in their PR department and it scores her lots of cool freebies. We like to hang out from time to time and discuss everything not-related to law school. ;)

Emily was kind enough to invite Husband and I to join in on the spoils with her husband and see the new Valentine's Day movie in a private screening (not technically correct, but it sounds so much better when I say "private screening") before it comes out this Friday. We even got to bypass a long line of people as Emily flashed her VIP pass, also referred to by commoners as a driver's license (as if they didn't know who she was just by looking at her), and we got to go straight in to score some awesome seats.

On our metro ride there, Emily was hoping to get on one of those commercials that they play with people coming out of the movie and talking about how much they loved it. So we may or may not have practiced some lines we thought would be sure to get us on camera, like "It was the best love story movie since Love Actually!" Unfortunately, there were no cameras at the preview we were at, and I would say there were celebrities there, but I can't verify it for legal reasons- I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves...


No, I did not super-impose our faces on someone else's body to make it look like we hung out with celebrities at some fancy-shmancy movie premier. If that were the case, don't you think I would made myself look a lot skinny in the picture- puh-lease, you guys have no faith in me. Emily, you are looking good with McDreamy over there...

Okay, onto the review- I don't do reviews well, so I will only write in short snippets of what I thought about the movie- cute chick flick, funny (bloopers are hilarious!), kind of Crash meets Love Actually, predictable at times but what love stories aren't? (ummm... The Notebook- who would have guessed they would have both died at the end together? Certainly not anyone who read the book- ha ha- now their will never be a movie for The Wedding!)- All-in-all I def. recommend seeing it- it spans many different forms of love, so even if you hate Valentine's Day (all single people raise your hand all men raise your hand), they have something for you too.

Am I saying all this because I got to see the movie for free? Well, possibly, but when you are our age and still living like a college student, free does make everything better. Well, now that I have revealed to you my VIP connections, a website where you can implant your face on someone else's body, and the fact that I have read at least two Nicholas Sparks novels (I am not going to admit to anymore than that), I will bid you fair well.

No work tomorrow- another Snowtastic day off because of the winter wonderland I am living in. You might think that means I will blog again tomorrow, which is a possibility, but since I have all the time in the world, I will probably not get anything done. And that's how ANIBSHO works.

P.S. Taking suggestions on ANIBSHO or ANIB blog post sign-offs. Get clever, so I don't have to.

Always, ANIB

1 comments:

  1. Why is my date a jerk, and your date gay? (Not talking about our husbands... I hope)

    Thanks for a fun night!! It was good to get out for a night before the Son of Snowmageddon hit!

    ReplyDelete