Friday, April 9, 2010

Kickin' Old Habits To Kick It With New Ones

Husband and I are on a health kick lately, and while it may be spawned by our recent weigh-ins, we really just want to get out of our bad eating habits now while we are still trainable.

At first, like most diets or changes, it was hard to kick our old habits. A little pizza here, a handful of jelly beans there, it all seemed so innocent in the beginning. But then I got back on to LiveStrong.com and started keeping an online food diary of everything I ate- and, well, those darn little calories sure do start adding up after awhile. But oh how yummy they are...

I wont go into too much detail about the whole thing, but I will say that Husband (who still wont tell me his real weight and I am a horrible guesstimator) is noticing that he can fit into his clothes a little better, and I am also feeling a little more wiggle room in my clothes. Who knows if we will really lose all the weight we actually want to lose? For now, it's more about eating healthy and just not feeling so drained all the time.

But my favorite part of all is looking into our fridge and pantry actually seeing food that is (relatively better) good for me, all the colors make it look so pretty! (I know I am a nerd, I am beyond help at this point)



I will let you know more about it in the future if we keep it up. It's only been 3 weeks or so, but there is someone who is ready for us to stop eating so healthy....


I guess he would rather be eating hamburger meat than carrots- who wouldn't? But he is actually the one losing weight the fastest! Sorry Matlock, it's for all of our good.

My next phase in eating healthy is switching my store-bought soup with the Weight Watcher's Zero Point Soup. I'm not doing weight watchers, but it does only have around 60 calories a cup rather than my store-bought 130 calories a cup- and it isn't full of lots of extras and sodium. My mother and I used to make this all the time while I was growing up (just cause we liked it, definitely not because we were the dieting type), and we could never keep enough of it in the house because it was so tasty!

The downside is that is takes a lot more effort to cook up, but I am hoping this pot will last me at least two weeks. Can't wait to have a cup!


Always,

ANIBSHO

5 comments:

  1. Matlock secretly loves his carrot...I can tell. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Matlock! Figures the dog would loose weight quicker! So not fair! The soup looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks really good!! Brad and I are trying to eat better too, but we are both such picky eaters. That really makes it hard. I guess I should probably stay away from the brownookies too. ha! I think your colorful fridge looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see those 2 things of whipped icing in the top of your pantry and the thing of cookies in the bottom.... you KNOW you can always ask my advice :) I AM your personal dietitian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL Ms. Dietitian, it just so happens that the top shelf is our "We never eat this stuff shelf" (keep the healthy stuff at eye level, right?). And my new program is based on everything you have ever told me!! Ha ha.

    Remember when I asked for your advice last year? Well, I didn't follow it too well back then, but now I am! And, as of today, have officially lost 10 pounds thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete