Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings-Shmamings (or I guess now that I have been corrected- Bring Back Daylight Savings!)

So, I want to blog. But I have nothing to blog about. I mean there is nothing going on, no national election, no future of our nation at stake, nothing. So I am going to blog about the time, daylight savings that is. 


I am firm on my position: I do not like the new daylight savings.

(or as I have been just informed--thanks Mom, always so quick to point out all my flaws and mistakes--we are actually OFF daylight savings and not on it- but regardless, I call it daylight savings either way). 

To remind you of my position: I don't like it!

I leave work and it's dark. That's right. I walk out of my apartment in the mornings and drive to work in the light and re-immerse 8 hours later from my work building and its nighttime. 
 
I drive home in the dark, which makes it difficult to read the National Review and BBC Knowledge magazine in between traffic.

When I finally do get home (1 hour after leaving work), I walk my dog- in the dark. It's scary out there, there's wild animals (squirrels) and spooky figures (the same people I wave and talk to every other time I walk him- except then they were in the light, and therefor not scary) and unrecognizable noises (that are very recognizable in the light, church bells!) and UFOs everywhere (maybe a plane or car, but who really knows? it's dark outside). 

But Amber, you get more daylight in the morning... so really it is the same. Oh but no, you see, because I was already waking up when it was dark and not leaving my apartment until there was already light, so you see- really- an hour of daylight has just been stripped from me!

And on another note, this can't be good for the whole environment, people turning on their lights earlier in the day... yadee yadee- I had a whole theory but now I can't remember it/it wasn't well thought out.

Regardless, since there are no greater issues facing our country today like the economy, terrorists, abortion, bad public schooling, etc. I say we stand up against something else, and my vote is to stand up against daylight savings time (or I guess now that I have been informed we are actually OFF daylight savings time, than we should stand up FOR it-- this is getting confusing--you're still with me right?)! I want the day readjusted to its original, and bright, sunshiny timing! Who's with me?!

Anyone? 

Okay, well it was just a suggestion...

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute and witty! Love you baby! I love being on daylight savings time! I vote for us to be on it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, however, it is easier for me to wake up in the mornings now because it is light! I hear you can get some kind of shield that protects you from UFOs that come around 6 or 7 at night. You might want to check into that. Also, can't you just borrow a gun from the NRA for protection.....mmmwwwwahhahahaha love you! (PS this is Julie...I can't figure this thing out, so I'm anonymous today)

    ReplyDelete