Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wedding Crashing by Invitation Only

Summer is the season for weddings, so when I was in Tennessee I decided to just crash some random church and it ended up being one of my best friend's weddings! 


JJOHN and ANIB, now JHARR and A(NIB)SHO.
Okay, I was lacking in inspiration for this blog post since I just posted about my brother's wedding party and how much fun it was and then I was scared I would just sound like I was repeating myself, so I made that first part up. 

I took brother BNIB and Julie as my date, seeing as the groom is in my brother's fraternity and the bride was in mine. BNIB ended up being a terrible date as I hardly saw him the whole time I was there, but he did pay for my meal later so all was not lost. 

Okay, back to the wedding. Doesn't JJohn just look like a perfect barbie doll? Gorgeous! I was so happy to see her, but I had to hang back it being her wedding day and all- I didn't want to monopolize her time (well I did want to, but I didn't). I did manage to save her (momentarily) from the cutest flower girl ever, who was convinced JJohn was a real princess and wanted to be in her arms at all time. 

And I got to see all my O.B.I.C. girls (am I still allowed to say that?).

KBray (I had so much fun talking to you!), Jenna, Jana, Me, and Julie.
WHAT UP Jana?! I feel like I didn't get to see enough of you. And guess who I didn't get to see at all? Kelsey. (That's right, I'm calling you out Kels- some Assistant Executive Chair you are- remember when everyone was so mad I started calling you that at meetings? ha ha) Don't worry, I'm not mad, just sad. I was expecting my fill of Jana and Kelsey and didn't even get a morsel of what I expected. I guess that means you'll have to come see me now...


Christine, Savannah, and Me!
Ooooo and SavvyAnna was there! And my big diamond sister, Lisa, was there too, and her dad thought I was Christine's sister- which was a really funny conversation for a second because I didn't recognize him at first and couldn't remember exactly how I knew him. I kept running through my mind of everyone I had ever met through JJohn

I got to see a lot of old KA's too, one of which (Evan) was mistaken by sorority sister (Jenna) as my husband. That was an equally funny conversation. Oh, and don't let me forget Jessi Curtis, who is going to start a blog now- because I want her too, right??


Later, when the bride and groom broke for the exit, we decided to keep the party going at the Hooter's in downtown Nashville (which was INSANELY packed for some reason). I hailed a Doubletree hotel shuttle in the rain and told the driver we were staying there (i think at least someone in our group was staying there so it wasn't a complete lie) and could use a ride to Hooters. Clyde happily obliged and when we all packed in for the literally two block ride, he awarded us with little debbie oatmeal cakes when we answered his Tennessee trivia correctly. The line at Hooters was horrible, so to make the time go by faster, Christine and Lisa's boyfriend (not pictured) had a hula-hooping contest in the waiting area. Oh to be in college again.



Okay, I forgot to mention a ton of people, but it is 100 degrees in my apartment right now and my mind can hardly process anything right now. JJohn, I love you, and I can't wait till all of us are finally able to institute our "Blood Marys on Back Porches" days we talked about so many times.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog...

2 comments:

  1. Oh please I would have been happy for you to monopolize my time! I wish it wouldn't have been my wedding so I could have hung out with you more!! I LOVE YOU!!

    ...was a good friend of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Thanks for my blog shout out even if it is calling me out. I'll take what I can get.
    2. I'm so sad I didn't get to see you. No me gusta.
    3. My last day of work is Thursday, and I don't start school til Aug 30... just saying.

    ReplyDelete