To catch up on the Tennessee Trip- this is going to be my blog post about the more random things I did while I was down there.
| I had to show you this picture of Husband with our niece and nephew, Maggie and Macon. But it wont load the right way and it is making me very angry. |
Did I ever tell you that Husband NEVER gets sick? Literally, have never seen him sick- ever. He says none of the males in his family ever get sick- he thinks they have some highly-evolved genes or something. This is good for him, but not for me. Think about it- you have someone who never gets sick taking care of a sick person- he has no idea what a migraine feels like, or even stomach ache. He just looks at you like you're making the whole thing up, lol.
2. Before going to Tennessee, I kept telling Husband that I really wanted to eat some good Mexican food while I was there. Not that the Mexican food up here isn't good, but it is... fancier-more Americanized. And not that the food I ate in Tennessee is necessarily authentic- but it is cheap and tasty. Well I kept repeating it to Husband, and for a while there I thought it wasn't going to happen. So MIL picked me and her son up some chips, salsa, and cheese dip to satisfy my craving- and it did! But then the next day, I went to lunch with my parents and brother BNIB and we ate Mexican food! Then, the next day I went to lunch with my awesome friend Kelly, where we ate Mexican again!

I thought I was right back in college every time someone mentioned they would like to go eat Mexican food. I think I could eat it everyday and never fall out of love with it. That and Italian food, and Chinese food. Maybe just food in general.
(Picture right: Me and Lisa in college at our favorite Mexican restaurant - La Cabana a.k.a. La Canasty. It is one of my all-time favorite photos for some reason. Oh, and I had died my hair brown for a short period).
After lunch with the fam, Mother bought me a bouquet of some of my favorite crazy-daisy flowers:
3. After picking up some grub with Kelly (MISS YOU! Plan your wedding already!), I got to go shopping with my other friend, Rebecca! We went to Sam's Club and pretty much tried every free sample they had, it was beautiful. And then we took this awful picture of me (but naturally, a great one of the always-photogenic Rebecca).
4. The night before I went to go see the new Twilight movie, Eclipse, at the midnight showing. That's right, and Husband actually went with me. It was the best of all 3, I think. But I'm no movie critic. We purchased our tickets ahead of time, and the theater used every theater it had to accommodate the large crowds. I was so tired, I kept thinking "Why did I ever think this was a good idea?" and then the movie started and it all became so clear. Team Edward!
![]() |
| Taken with the beautiful, but elementary, Freedom Phone. |
5. Before the Eclipse, me and MIL enjoyed some time in the sun. They have a sweet salt-water pool, and Matlock hates it when I am in the water so much, he usually barks at me until I get out. But I wasn't budging, so I told Husband to put him in the pool with me. Every time I put Matlock in the water with me, he becomes a frozen rock. It is the cutest thing ever.
![]() |
| Taken by Husband's much higher-quality camera phone. |
6. Ever since Husband and I got married, I have been talking about going to Ireland. I don't know where this fascination suddenly came from (yes, I'm part-Irish, but I don't think that's where I am getting it), but I have been wanting to travel outside the U.S. for awhile now and have never had the time, nor the money, but I go through kicks of where I want to visit the most. Right now, Ireland seems to be the forerunner. Well, after meeting up with Rebecca (sorry this is so out of order), I drove back towards Clarksville to pick up Husband so we could go see our friends, Clay and Amy, who live in Erin, TN.
All Husband knew about the place was that it was a very small town about thirty minutes from Clarksville, and I told Husband it was supposed to be a mini-Ireland. He didn't believe me, but once we got there I made Clay and Amy (of Clamy blog) give us a walking tour of the tiny-town. They live smack in the middle of "downtown" so we got to see all the best sites.
| Clamy: Clay and Amy |
| Surprise! Bobo came too! |
I am pretty sure the locals thought I was nuts for going around the sleepy town and taking pictures, but I thought it was awesome. I told Husband he could rest easy now, that I had been to Ireland.
There was, of course, lots more. But I think that's enough for now.
Oh wait! I forgot to mention that I finally got to retire the Freedom Phone with my new Droid Incredible. I'm finally back in touch with the world! Isn't it pretty? I still miss the Freedom Phone, so I am entertaining the thought of bedazzling a clear phone cover as a tribute to the old red, white, and blue.







I am sure Erin Tennessee looks JUST like Ireland, just a little smaller!
ReplyDeleteha ha, what I can tell, they are COMPLETELY identical, lol.
ReplyDeleteI thought I would repost this, since it is the only proof that I will ever have that BNIB reads my blog.
ReplyDeleteBrandon Niblock: (Picture right: Me and Lisa in college at our favorite Mexican
restaurant - La Cabana a.k.a. La Canasty. It is one of my all-time
favorite photos for some reason. Oh, and I had died my hair brown for a
short period).
Inaccuracies from the above blog post: La Canasta was both the best (our favorite) Mexican restaurant and was affectionately referred to as "La Canasty" or simply "The Nasty" for the uncultured...NOT La Cabana, which was only to be patronized if La Canasta was full, or by freshmen who were unaware that La Canasta existed, or if you wanted a margarrrrrrrita. You may want to print (post) a retraction, lest you be subject to charges of libel. Additionally, you should be sure to mention that Los Portales, though sufficient in both locale and atmosphere, is lacking in food quality which puts it at number 3 on the list of South-of-the-border cuisine among the collegiate gastronomes of Northwest Tennessee. Bon appetit!
Jessica John Harris: HOW can you mis-name our favorite Mexican restaurant?? After all the time and money we invested there!! LA CABANA?? We were NOT la cabana girls!!!
Amber Niblock Shorter: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I can't even believe I did that too. Who am I? But in all fairness, it was late at night when I wrote it.
And although I like your analysis BNIB, atleast I actually blog on my blog.