Thursday, July 29, 2010

Surprise Someone!

Check!



It was our Admin Breanne's birthday today, and we had strict instructions by our boss (whose wife was throwing her a surprise party later) to ignore her all day and under no circumstances should we mention that it was her birthday at all. You'd think this would be easy, but considering Breanne has told us everyday for the past month that her birthday was today- this wasn't an easy task. In fact, she called me yesterday to tell me exactly what she wanted for her birthday lunch- to which I faked an emergency doctor's appointment so I couldn't "go". We got to work today and needless to say, Breanne was less than pleased (very LESS than pleased) that nobody was recognizing the day or planning a birthday lunch. Finally, a coworker from a different department stole her away for a Starbucks run (Breanne is ADDICTED to Starbucks) and we were finally able to follow through with our master plan of completely covering her desk in her favorite thing in the world (no kidding)- Bubble Wrap!


All hard feelings were forgiven when she saw we hadn't forgotten her after all. They even got her car later when some people from another department completely filled it up with balloons. 

I had been saving up the bubble wrap for awhile, claiming I needed it for when I moved to my new apartment. And I also cooked up some random signs to hang around it. I was scared I was going to miss the surprise lunch party because it was going to take me so long to decorate it- but once we started, EVERYONE pitched in, so much in fact that I started getting worried there would be nobody at the surprise party- ha ha. 

Here's me and Melissa enjoying the party!! I was camera lazy today...


Surprising someone was on my "Honey-Do List", and while I could check it off... I like surprising people too much, so I think I might just keep it on there for the time being. In fact, I like it so much I would highly suggest you take the time to surprise someone soon too! Spread the love...

1 comments:

  1. I hope you snagged the bubble wrap after she unwrapped everything for your move!!

    ReplyDelete