To the greatest dog in the world, Matlock Walker Niblock Shorter, a Happy Happy Birthday and Many More!!
We always seem to forget to celebrate Matlock's birthday when it comes around, probably because we spoil him so much as it is that it seems like it is his birthday everyday. But this year we decided to go big, and after a short trip to Petco I had everything I needed to make Matlock's birthday the best birthday ever.
Here he is posing for his birthday photo with all his new presents:
Most holidays he doesn't seem to notice that we are celebrating something with him, but today he seemed especially on top of the world and every time we brought him something new or said "Happy Birthday Matlock!" he started grinning from ear to ear.
When I told my coworkers I went shopping for Matlock's birthday, they looked at me like I was a little crazy, but then again, I am more than a little crazy about the BEST DOG EVER!!!!
Now for the birthday breakdown:
Matlock isn't a big fan of doggy beds. He won't sleep on the ground, and he is very picky about what kinds of fabric he likes to lay on. In fact, most things that are made for dogs comfort, Matlock seems to turn his nose up at- that's why when I saw the brown dog bed in the picture above, I knew he would love it. If a human thinks it's ultra-soft and comfy feeling, Matlock does too.
To go with it, he got his standard humongous busy bone, a giant bobo (blue), a really long snake (to replace his even longer snake that he carries everywhere with him), a long-awaited kong toy (with peanut butter cheese whiz filling), a new collar (he always seems happier when we give him a new color, like he is so proud), a coordinating step-in harness that is supposed to be comfier and less-restrictive than the normal kind, and last, but not least, a yellow rain coat (he hates going out in the rain).
Okay, now you guys think I am crazy too.
But it was all worth it to see this:
Husband and I are obsessed with Matlock, and can't imagine our life without him. Often times we look at each other and say, "how did we get so lucky to have the best dog ever?" We don't know, but we sure are happy he's ours. Happy Birthday Matlock!!
Always,
ANIBSHO





Aw, look at him...he loves it!
ReplyDeleteHe seems so happy! You picked the perfect gifts!
ReplyDeleteI miss Matlock :(
ReplyDelete