Sunday, September 19, 2010

Movin' On Up!

Oh, hello blog? I completely forgot you were here.

Here's what's uP: I had a LONG blog post ready to go for you, but it appears that (a) I don't have a video editor on my computer that I can cut down the video on the new trick we taught Matlock and (b) I was super lazy about downloading my pictures from my phone to my computer, so now the entire post seems kind of outdated. But here's is the jist of what's gone down so far:

Husband is Home! [But really though] Matlock is home!!

School has started back for Husband, and I have been lazy with blogging because work has been busy and... we moved!

To a basement apartment right down the street in the same neighborhood we (and by we I mean Husband) walk Matlock in! It's cheaper, has a fenced in yard for Matlock, a patio area for us, and there is always a parking spot close to our door.

I just finally got the place presentable enough to take pictures of it, and I am super in love with living here. It feels so much more like a home than our old apartment did.

Would you like to see some pics of our new digs?

I tried to get pictures from every which way so you could actually get a feel for the apartment. This is why I haven't called you back yet Mom, because I know you are only calling me to hound me about not blogging about the apartment yet- ha ha.

Bedroom

Our new King Size bed from Walmart. It's a tempurpedic-type material,
and it doesn't require box springs. It is fabulous... (and I got to get new bedding).

From the side. 

The Bedroom door, storing our sweaters behind it.

From the other side! Like my closet? I love it!

The $20 desk from IKEA that I made into a dressing table.

Closet again. Extra full.

The view from the bed. Dressers are also filled. Does anyone know how to fix a sagging drawer? All of ours are, and I know how to do it, it is just my fear of screwing them up completely that keeps me at bay.

And last, but not least, the random poll at the entrance of the bedroom.
It's a support beam people!
Kitchen
Isn't it pretty? We started running out of places to put our books...

Love it!

View from the Living Room.

View from the kitchen sink.

Mom will love this. There is no pantry, so to save on a whole shelf of space, I bought these magnet spice containers at World Market that I saw with my mother when I was in high school (that was 10 years ago, I know, I feel like it was just yesterday too). They go on your fridge typically. I love the way they look, and they saved me primo space.

The dining room, which sadly plays host to Husband's golf bag. Drives me nuts.
Laundry Nook & Bathroom
Laundry nook off the kitchen. 
Turn left off the Laundry Nook and you come to the bathroom. Exciting, isn't it?
The tub is super deep for those long luxurious baths I take. Except for the long and luxurious part.
Bathroom Part II. 
Living Room
New couch! It folds down into a twin size bed and the backs work like
beach chairs so you can recline them as far back as you want them. 
View from the front door. See all that junk in the corner,
can't decide what to do with it... I love the brick though. 
View from the other corner. Front door to the right.
Matlock loves his nooks. Two currently in the living room, so spoiled. 
And last, but not least. One of our favorite parts is the personal patio outside...


The only thing really missing from this apartment was a random closet to put stuff in. We had to get really creative with storing things, and 90% of our stuff is under the bed right now.

Moving has also reminded me how much books are overrunning our apartment... that's why when I made a recent trip to the bookstore to pick up a few books, I decided to buy... a nook! So it isn't as cheap as going to the library, but I started adding up how much I was going to end up spending on books and noticed for a lower price I could buy a nook and buy the books I wanted. Plus, they only really had them in hardback- and I hate hardback so I am always waiting for the paperback versions to come out before I start reading them. The nook nips that in the butt.

I also notice I read faster and keep up with my reading more- I think it's because I am focused on WHAT I am reading and not how long it is going to take me to finish the dang thing. Maybe I am just intimidated by large stacks of paper...

Oh and our friend at work quit to go travel around the world or something. We bought lotto tickets to celebrate and he started a blog to keep everyone update on his travels.

Clearly, we were not lucky lotto winners that day.
And, my friend Kara (Car-uh) who I mention frequently on this blog also started her own blog. All these new blogs are making me extremely happy. 

Okay, there is a lot more to blog about, but I think I have done my part for the day. Back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Nibs! I love how your new place is looking! And yes, I noticed your ROYGBIV obsession with the sweaters behind your bedroom door - so typical (but I love it) :) lol. PS i started a blog too! <3 youu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how guilt from your mom made you do the apartment post - it was the exact same reason why I did mine! The apartment looks GREAT. How is Matlock liking the patio??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your house!! i want to come visit!! it looks like you have gotten rid of some clothes. i remember you having a lot more than that. i love you anibsho and i miss you!

    ReplyDelete