Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fake Rings and Fake Husbands

Rumors are surfacing again. The buzz is recirculating. The slanderous news is rampant... Husband doesn't actually exist.


I have tried to deny this rumor for sometime, but this calls for drastic measures. Thankfully, Husband just happened to be trying on some new garb tonight and I caught some pictures of him in action. 

And yes, I suppose you could always just claim that I'm not really married and I just hire this guy to pose as "Husband"- or that he is actually Matlock's babysitter- or that I have photoshop-ed him into my pictures. But then you would just be running the rumor mill again- tis tis. But seriously, this Husband gig is really starting to clean out my pocket book. 

 
Speaking of Husband, remember when I blogged about one of the diamonds falling out of my engagement ring? Well, I had just been wearing my wedding ring lately- which is I actually prefer because I'm not a big jewelery person (or I am fake-married), but on Sunday I looked down and shockingly! a diamond had fallen out of the wedding band as well.

What the heck?! I exclaimed, in a less than PG tone. (Or would it actually be a more-than PG tone? Please comment so my head can stop reeling through these mind-boggling (or bloggling, ha ha) questions).

Today, a friend of mine (who just started a blog of her own, and I love love her for it!), informed me that I am supposed to get the throngs, or tongs, or thongs, on the diamonds tightened frequently to avoid that from happening. Ooops, my bad.

Anywho- since the jeweler that the aforementioned "Husband" got my rings from doesn't have a location up here, we are pondering our options as to when we can finally get it fixed. In the meantime, the girls from work and I set out on a fake-bling purchasecapade during our lunch today to cover that precious little ring finger of mine. You know, because naturally without one I have people knocking down my door and approaching me everywhere I go- right?

Nobody ever believes me when I say that for some reason. Regardless, my finger felt naked and I hate answering questions about not wearing my wedding ring all the time- so the girls and I picked out some new frosting to hold me over.

It came in a pack of two- so in case I lose one, or a fake diamond falls out of this one- I've got a backup!

I was proposed to twice today. Kara proposed to me in the mall- us being secret lovers and all, it was nice to finally get our relationship out in the open. Really open- since there were a few kiosk and passerby peeps who took it a little more serious than we thought they would. Our new engagement made it really awkward later when Husband also re-proposed to me. Been there, done that. Love it every time it happens. People should get engaged all the time- it's fun.

Husband is real. Really made-up. Mwhahahaha.

Got to go now, I have bills to pay, fake Husband photo shoots to mortgage, you know- normal Tuesday night activities.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I must blog tonight to keep up with you and Mr. Jones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa this post had me laughing out loud! Husband is real people- I've met him! However, there is the possibility she hired him to be present when kara and I were at the house-- who knows?

    PS it's prongs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it MBetts! I think I like thongs better, even though I knew that one was wrong when I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete