Some days, you have nothing to blog about. Other days, you visit Google in DC for the kick-off seminar to Advertising Week D.C.!
Okay, the picture doesn't show it but we were at the Google offices in D.C. yesterday. Pretty cool place. Unfortunately, the seminar (not technically given by Google) wasn't so spectacular. For an advertising seminar I was expecting the information to be a little more... interesting. I mean, aren't advertisers essentially communicators? Fun communicators?
Not the best seminar ever- the powerpoint could of used some AdPower, I definitely didn't learn 10 things I didn't know about online marketing, and the speakers didn't really get a chance to speak on the cooler marketing endeavors. I know Facebook and Twitter are rapidly-growing social networking sites (who doesn't?), but what sites are growing that I don't know about? I know online advertising is constantly evolving, but where is it going? I know you can use online advertising to better track the effectiveness of reaching your audience, what are innovative ways companies are using it to attract brand new audiences?
Tell me Ad Week D.C.! Tell me!
It seemed like the panel had all the tools up their sleeves to show us, but they seemed more business-minded rather than ad-focused. Anywho, I went home yesterday and read my favorite marketing blogs and felt renewed.
I have to go now. Glee is on. And we basically cancelled Trivia Nights at work because of it.






You beat me to the punch. I totally turned on my computer this late to blog about googleDC!
ReplyDeleteWhat is Glee?? Am I missing out on something important??
ReplyDeleteIf you google "Google D.C. Ad Week" we come up SY!
ReplyDeleteMom- Glee is only the best show on television today, you know- nothing important.