You remember when you had required summer reading for school? You would read the book and then two months later you finally got around to writing the actual report- but it wasn't fresh in your mind any more, you couldn't remember those little things that made you laugh or the little signals that clued you into the bigger theme of the book.
Well, that's how I feel about this blog post. It's a recap of my summer reading so to say- and I am afraid I have let too much time go by to remember all the gems that made it so blog-worthy. But for you (Kelsey), I will try. But not that hard...
Last time I blogged, I talked about my going away party- that is, Husband is coming to town so my coworkers fear they will never see me again. Well two Saturdays ago my coworkers friends took me out to the classiest place in D.C. . . .the Boom Boom Bus! Technically speaking, it's a bus that has been gutted and repainted to basically be a dance floor and b.y.o.b. bar inside and it trucks you around to different clubs throughout D.C. It was pretty crazy, as you could probably imagine. But the best part was always the end of the night (or depending on how you look at it, the beginning of the early morning) when we all gather at someone's place.
A few interesting tidbits from the night:
![]() |
| The only picture I got from the whole night. |
- I wore the exact same dress from the last time we all went out- what? I never go out, I don't have cute going-out clothes.
- Yoda made an appearance at Kara's place again (where we gathered at the end of the night) and he was by far the most popular person at the after party. Seriously, I don't know if I can bring him anywhere anymore because I'm afraid I'll never get him back.
- After taking our own survey, we can conclusively say that those Cosmo magazines surveys are pretty spot on.
- Son got in a dance-war (which I so kindly prompted for him) with some random girls and feeling pretty secure in his dancing he was sure to dominate- because he usually does- and he accepted the challenge only to get completely demolished. In all fairness, the girls did turn out to be cheerleaders so their backflip and worm were a lot more polished than his.
- Cab drivers should typically know where they are going, or at least be able to use the GPS in their vehicle, or go faster than 35 MPH ON THE HIGHWAY!
- If someone likes boats, walk away the first time they tell you that Kara.
- When someone brings a video camera out for the night, make sure you are the one always doing the filming (luckily, I was).
As last week was my last week of "freedom" (you know, because Husband is an OH-SO controlling person)- Kara took over as my social coordinator for the week. Thus explains the rest of my busy schedule...
Next on my blog-roll is Trivia Night on Tuesday!
G.O.GRAPHY! (Trivia humor)
We think it is going to be the new NRA bowling.
Well, I suppose you could say we were losers at being winners and losers at being losers. Loser squared. Wait, just for saying "loser squared" I should probably add on another loser on to the count. Throw up that index finger and thumb!
We celebrated our non-victory by taking our business to the restaurant next door where we spent a good amount of our time gushing over the telephone booth welcoming us at the entrance.
I had to use my cell phone outside it though because those sneaky restaurant owners anticipated our fun intentions and glued the door shut so nobody could get inside. Very disappointing.
Okay, onward...
Wednesday= Nails- love having my nails done, not so much a fan of getting them done (or the price tag that comes with it). Convo with woman doing my nails:
ME (talking to Kara and Sarah): Can I just bring lean cuisines to the party? I don't really do cooking.
WOMAN: ha ha, you can really get away with that when you are single- so nice, isn't it?
ME: Oh, I'm not single. I'm married. My ring is just broken right now that's why I'm not wearing it. I just don't really like cooking.
WOMAN: Oh.
ME: (Humming to myself or something else)
WOMAN: Well- you have kids?
ME: Oh, no. I don't have any kids.
WOMAN: ha ha, oh well you can really get away with that when you don't have kids- so nice, isn't it?
ME: ha ha, yep.
ME IN THOUGHT: Note to self, never tell Husband kids might lead to home-cooked meals- he will want children immediately.
Who am I kidding? Husband lost all hopes of me picking up cooking a long time ago...
But I had to get all prettified for the next night's agenda:
Thursday night was the night to end all others as I was lucky enough to go see Legally Blonde The Musical! Oh Bend and Snap! That's right!
But no theater night is complete without a feast before it, but seeing as me, Kara (Car-Uh), Melissa, and Sarah couldn't decide on a place to stuff our faces at- we just chose to have a sit in picnic at Kara's place. The food was so good... Kara made turkey wraps with avocado, Melissa cooked up some really yummy French onion soup, Sarah made a Italian pasta, crab, and vegetable salad, and me being as domesticated as I am- I took the dinner to a whole other level and went all out with everyone's favorite delicacies:
![]() |
| They made me do the hand pose, I just can't pull it off like Elle does. |
But not as much as the cool souvenirs I got did!
Literally.
I plan to wear this to as many law school functions as Husband takes me to- so basically, graduation day in May, lol.
Another awesome picture from the night:
You can read a better description of the night on Sarah's blog.
Well, to round out the work week my former Going Away Party Boom Boom Crew found out last Saturday that Husband wasn't coming home until the next Saturday and after doing the math figured out that left last Friday night to throw me ANOTHER Going Away Party! I was all game until Friday at lunch I got really sick all of the sudden and around 4:00 PM left work early to make a mad dash for my apartment. I thought I could still suck it up and go out that night, that is, until I started puking through my nose. That's right... through my nose! It was a new one for me too. Don't you love how no detail goes unforgotten- or unshared- in my blog?
Whatever I had, it was awful! But I did make sure they texted me throughout the entire night- I just forgot to stay awake the whole time so I could text back. Shout out to Unisom for letting me sleep through my sickness and special thanks to Yoda for taking care of me. Below is a picture message I sent the Boom Boom Crew while they were out:
![]() |
| Feel good I did not. |













Wow. What a summer. Sounds like you had quite a ride. I'm sure Jacob had much less dance battles back in Clarksville. I wish I could have seen him more while he was in TN. I guess I will just have to make another trip to DC. Maybe for graduation?
ReplyDeleteGood post. I love that you blog.
Yay for a blog post from Amber! Such a good one, too. It made eating my biscuits and gravy (or as Kevin says "death in styrofoam) so much more enjoyable. :)
ReplyDelete