You may not believe it, but I used to go out a lot in college. Since getting married, I've become somewhat of a homebody- but my coworkers have been taking full advantage of my Husband being out of town. Just ask my summer scheduler, Kara, who has her own list of things for me to do before he gets back.
This past weekend was girl's night out on the town, which quickly turned into coworkers night out on the town. We started off with pink champagne as I toured Kara's sweet (AWESOME) new condo which she is just putting the finishing touches on. It looks like it came straight out of a Lily Pulitzer catalog. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised, as Kara herself always looks like she just stepped out of a Lily Pulitzer catalog.
ANYWHO, she lives right on the metro so I decided to slumber party it there so we could metro together. We were having so much fun hanging out at her place with YODA (that's right, I brought him to Kara's place) that we were tempted to take him out with us. Ultimately, we decided he had a better chance of surviving the night if we left him at her place to get some shut-eye.
We started out at a Mexican restaurant in Clarendon (well, actually a different restaurant, but they didn't have anything we wanted so we left before ordering) where Nick showed up with his... Capri Sun. Naturally.
The rest of the night was spent hopping from one place to the next- but I did manage to catch one good picture of us while we were out on the town (No boys allowed in this picture):
When every place was closing down, we all took a cab to my boss Jeremy's apartment. It's a pretty upscale place, so we were all required to wear hats while we were there:
Kara and I finally cabbed it back to her place around 5:30 in the morning, when the birds were chirping and when we were never happier to see Yoda's cute little face. They are already planning my "Going-Away Party" in anticipation of when Husband comes back to town and I drop off the face of the earth again. What can I say? I like my Husband.
P.S. This is my 100th Blog Post!! I'm supposed to give something away, but this really isn't THAT kind of blog, so I will give you a piece of advice I once heard Bill Cosby say: "A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones you need to give the advice to."
Did I just call you all wise, or stupid? I can't decide. But it can't be the latter because I know that only the smartest, most beautiful people read my blog- so nobody has anything to worry about.








0 comments:
Post a Comment