Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fine, I'll blog. But that doesn't mean I want to.

So I forgot to blog about Christmas. So sue me.


I hate when I forget to blog about topics and then have to blog about them later- I always forget what I was going to say.

I really don't even want to blog about it anymore, but I have all these pictures so I might as well, right?

I can't decide if I should write about my entire Christmas vacation or not. I mean, do people come to my blog to look at pictures and read captions or do they come to read blogs and maybe see some pictures? It would be nice if I had some feedback.

I wish I would have thought of blogging when I was back in Martin, then I could have been the Gossip Girl of Martin- except without all the gossip (well, maybe a little gossip). So many interesting things went down in that tiny town (am I the only person who noticed that rhymed?).

I think I'll have a frozen pizza for dinner. And a burrito.

Okay, okay, back on topic. Christmas time! Here's the full report.

Husband and I went shopping for one another's gifts together- which was fun, but kind of anti-climatic when it came time to open presents (the moment we got home). I was decent enough to at least fill our stockings before we opened them, and I did manage to hide two gifts from Husband.


Things that happened during Christmas vacation:
  • We couldn't leave our apartment until three days after our originally planned departure time because of the snow, which left no time to visit my friends (guess everyone will have to come see me now!)
  • I, miraculously, got my entire family to do a huge puzzle with me. The biggest participator, brother BNIB. That's right, BNIB did the most leg work. Did I mention the puzzle's picture was of an old-timey sewing room?
  • On Christmas Eve, the power went out at my house- but that was okay because I was headed to church with Husband's family. After which, we discovered the power was also out at his aunt's house where we were having Christmas Eve dinner (cooked by Adam, delicioso!). We ate by candlelight.
  • I stole BNIB's dog Oscar's collar for Matlock. I told him I would send it to him, but the more I see Matlock wear it, the more I like it.
  • Some of our nephews on Husband's side got a full military combat gear and toy gun arsenal from Santa for Christmas. See pictures below:

"It's an NRA Christmas!"


Other (non-kid) people seemed to like the toys more than the kids did...



Off to eat my food now and watch District 9, tune in later for more...

4 comments:

  1. I would like to note (because he wont) that Husband did not like the rambling part, which perturbed me because that was my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely say that is a FULL arsenal! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I like the stories with a side bonus of pictures.
    Happy New Year!
    Kayce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your rambling and your new background! Sure looked like an NRA Christmas to me! Cute picture of you and Jacob in the combat helmets!

    ReplyDelete