Friday, November 13, 2009

Loosing Wait Is A Sweat Jester

Seeing as editing is a large part of my job description, some people (cough cough, Husband) like to suggest that this "editing" skill should carry over to my blog. To them (him), I would like to say - I aint on da clock, Huz, sew leaf me a loan peas.


But my sickly Friday has given me the unique opportunity to read over many of my old blog postings, which, if I do say so myself, are quite delightful. Unfortunately, there are many mistakes I didn't catch. Below are two of my more humorous (and embarassing) oversights:

In my February 2009 post, titled "Puppy Love," I refered to Husband making a "sweat jester" when I meant to say "sweet gesture."

In my November 2008 post, titled "The People Have Spoken," I say "loosing wait" where I meant to say "losing weight."

There are many, many more. And you will notice a number of punctuation mistakes in all my blog postings (this one not excluded). I love reading over them today and finding all the funnies I glossed over in the anticipation of being able to press the "Publish Post" button. While they are hilarious to me, the editor in me still has to fight back the urge to change them online. Even though my editing skills have significantly improved since I first started this blog (I edited this sentence more than two times), I don't blog to hone my editing skills. Rather, to me, blogging is more about developing and showcasing my writing voice (and goofing off without having to worry about all the technical aspects of writing).

It just goes to show (and I have always said this), you can't edit your own work like you can another's work. You read it the way you thought it, not the way you actually wrote it. And as long as the people reading my blog know, or at least have faith, that I am not a complete idiot- than I am okay with my many missteaks. <--- That one was on the house.

Please Note: Yes, I am aware there are many mistakes in this post too. Yes, I know I shouldn't be using parentheses in every sentence. No, I did not check this post for grammatical and spelling errors either (well, not yet at least).

So now that all that has been cleared up- I want to give a very stern message to all my friends (if you are my friend on facebook than I mean you) who have a blog and haven't told me about it- I crave reading blogs about people I actually know- shame on you for keeping it a secret! Fess up now, or I will "follow" you. I'm not scared to let you know I read your blog- after all, what is the point of having a blog if you don't want others to read it?? You may redeem yourself by commenting below.

5 comments:

  1. Hope your feeling better! So your not going back and changing your mistakes? Brave person that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love this post...hilarious! I'm like you I love reading blogs, I just don't know many people that have one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My initial thought when I read this is, "oh, I'm going to do the same thing with my blog!" But then I chickened out. Ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry i didn't come to you first about my blog and you happened to find me! lol. i always look forward to reading yours, and hope you aren't completely bored by mine! - sarah b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stern warning!! Once again, I apologize for not telling you about my blog. But actually, considering that I gave you material for a paragraph in your own blog, you should thus be thankful to me for keeping my not-so-exciting blog from you. Your welcome-you can buy me lunch (or a ticket to see you) anytime :)

    ReplyDelete