I'm right here! It has been brought to my attention (more than a few times) that it has been awhile since I have blogged. I make no excuses, but to catch you up on all the "exciting" things I have been leaving out, here is a bunch of pictures in no particular order and without dates:
After reading this, you may guess why I haven't been blogging as much.
All of my cardigans have holes on the elbows. This is actually not a new development, just a constant thing that is slowly diminishing my wardrobe options (that's a lie, I still wear them anyway, I need my cardigans!).
To celebrate Labor Day, I cooked a good ol' American Pie (the good part is debatable). At this point I would like to mention a long-held belief that my Mother purposefully leaves out steps and certain ingredients to ensure that no recipe of her's you ever try will come out better than how she makes it. Some call it a conspiracy theory, but I know what she's capable of people.
Jon-Michael came to visit and we took him to see the most notable piece of art in all of D.C. - The Stephen Colbert portrait at the American History Museum. He was feeling a little camera shy as there are about 100 people both in front of him in line and behind him in line to see the main exhibit.
I made Husband a "1" pancake to celebrate our 1-year anniversary. He got me dance classes, which he has volunteered to take with me (this is very out of character and I am working on another conspiracy theory for this unusual behavior too).
JJohn sent me this really cute picture of her and my brother BNIB during a homecoming party in Martin (I think) on a day I really needed it. This is now my phone's background.
My coworker Josh (see later in the post) put a green-bean in between my windshield wiper and my windshield and it stayed there for months, through rain and shine, through 2 or 3 trips back and forth to Tennessee. But like all great things, they're there one moment and gone the next - without even so much of a goodbye.
My husband cooked me New York Strip Steak with yummy vegetables and I cooked him my homemade version of a Mexican pizza. Both were delicious.
My coworker Josh's (previously mentioned) birthday was October 16th so I spent extra time trashing his cube. This is actually the after picture, the before picture shows a good portion of his cube saren-wrapped and filled with balloons. Josh, being the old man that he is (24), was not as excited about having to pop over a 100 balloons. Note: The confetti you see on the ground is office-confetti known as hole-puncher punches. Happy Birthday Joshua!!
For trashing Josh's office so well, I was moved from my beloved cubicle to an OFFICE, which I am pretty stoked about!! I feel super important now and still can't believe it's all mine. But cube life has been awesome to me - I even thought about doing a whole blog post saying goodbye to the most perfect cube a girl could ask for, but thought it would bring back too many memories.
(Sorry, the pictures are taken from bad angles and are super small, but you get the point).
I finally found the correct bags for my vacuum cleaner. I had been searching for months for them and could never find the right ones and then I finally found them, came home and inserted into my vacuum, and lifted the handle to start vacuuming and the tube snapped in half!!! I seriously threw a "I hate my life" fit as I stared at the new bags and broken vacuum. Such is life. But MIL (my awesome Mother-In-Law) sent me a new vacuum called the shark. No bags, cordless, and small so it doesn't take up room in my apartment. I LOVE IT! I have vacuumed everyday since I've gotten it. Thanks MIL!
Even though I don't really have any place to go on Halloween, Mother made me this super-cute old-timey detective outfit!! And every detective needs a clue-sniffing dog with matching outfit, right? I love this outfit so much that Husband is scared he is going to see me out wearing it one day when it isn't Halloween, lol. The detailed pictures are so much better and you can see how my mother made it on her blog here. Matlock and I are very pleased. Don't worry though Mother, I did get to wear it to work!
Oh and I painted our TV stand that we originally found by the dumpster when we first moved into our apartment. It used to be a very glossy cherry color with a lot of chips and scrapes in it, so I decided to paint it green to match the rest of the room. We have too many different wood colors going on, something needed to be painted. Note: the really long snake you see below it is Matlock's favorite chew toy, which is about 6 ft long - he drags it everywhere and it is filled with these tiny white balls that get everywhere- the reason I actually vacuum everyday...
Matlock became addicted to my blackberry. Not really, I just took a thousand pictures of him one day and it looks like he is playing on it here.
I am sure I left out plenty of things, like the scholarship program at work that was a ton of fun, the trip to Albany my work sent me on, and the three weddings Husband was in over the summer, etc. For this I apologize, because if I don't have a picture, I forget to blog about it and if I don't blog about it right after it happens, I forget all the interesting stuff. Okay bye now. (COMMENT! Comments keep me going...)










hey lady! i can finally comment now :) so glad you came back to us. i was getting worried. can't wait for another!!! and i will definitely post Christmas pictures. i so enjoyed yours last year!
ReplyDeleteFinally a post!! Love your green table and you look super cute in your detective outfit! Even Matlock looked cute!
ReplyDeleteSo, I assume cardigans are on your Christmas list?
ReplyDeleteI cried a little when I saw the picture of me and Brandon on here!! (and yes, we were in Martin)
ReplyDeleteHow did you get all of those holes in your cardigans?!?