Friday, January 28, 2011

Cupcake Cake!


I don't typically bake- but for really special occasions, for really special people, I will! This weekend is Kara's birthday, so I finally had the perfect excuse to try out the giant cupcake cake mold my mother gave me over Christmas. I think she knew the novelty of the baking pan might be enough to actually get me to bake something. And Moo was right!

Kara's favorite is funfetti cake, so I braved the winter storm while I was "snowed-in" and out of work for the day because the office's power was out. But I got home with the cake mix and realized I didn't have any vegetable oil- and while debating using butter or olive oil instead, I remembered I had just bought a bunch of diet ginger ale and it dawned on me that I had completely forgot about my favorite way of making cake- 1 box of cake mix and 1 diet drink of any kind and wala! We have cake! Diet cake!

And cupcakes for other people at work...


"Go big or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have the kid's cheeseburger please." - Kara


This time she can have her cake and eat it too! Happy Birthday Kara!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out great!!! Looks Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so awesome!! I have that cake pan too, and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete