Thursday, June 10, 2010

Say Cheese!

As you already know, I have been working hard to lose weight. It started out as a healthiness thing, then it turned into a goal thing, and now it has turned into a done thing! I woke up this morning and had officially reached my goal weight of 130!



To show Husband I wasn't lying later, I took a picture to document this momentous occasion. I know a woman is never supposed to tell her weight (or age), but I am 24 years old and weigh 130 pounds, and I'm pretty freakin' happy about it. Any poundage I lose after the fact will only be an added bonus. 

I still don't look super-skinny or anything, and if you haven't seen me in awhile you probably wouldn't think I really looked any different, but there was some definite bulge developing and I wanted to nip it in the butt before it got a chance to spiral out of control. 

Did I mention I LOVE eating? Seriously, wish I could be eating 24/7. I blame my mother for being such a good cook- I've never done drugs before, but I imagine her food has the same addictive qualities as crack. One taste of her mouth-watering sausage wantons and- well, there really is no such thing as eating just one of them, and I think that says it all. But if you don't believe me, just ask Husband's family. How do you think I won them over? I brought my mother's delectableness the first time I went to Christmas with his whole family, and two months later, he proposed. It turns out, you don't have to be a good cook to hook a man, you just need someone who will do the good cooking for you so you can pass it off as your own. Thanks Ma!

Okay, enough parental-blaming for the time being. Since losing weight, the best part has just been feeling so much better! I've tried and failed before (haven't we all when it comes to dieting?), but then again, I did have a sweet incentive waiting for me at the finish line....


AN AWESOME DSLR CAMERA!! 

Unfortunately, I had to take pictures of it with my old camera. It's like the best dentist in town having to get his teeth done by the second best dentist in town. He is the best dentist in town and he's the one that has to live with sub-par teeth! And a bad set of chompers on the man who makes his money off of making them look good, is not good for business. I know, craziness, right?

I knew my Olympus Evolt E-620 was going to be in the mail today, but was so sad when I got home and opened it up and I didn't have the right memory card for it. Shake ya fist! My stepfather, a camera enthusiast/expert, picked it out for me and I thought for sure that him knowing me so well and all that he would know I wouldn't read the fine details of the description and notice that I was going to be missing a very important part of the picture-taking process. Fear not people, one trip to Target later and I was ready to start shooting!

It is kind of loud when it takes a picture, but I LOVE LOVE it- especially the swivel live-image view screen:


I am also stoked that I finally got to purchase a LugLife bag. I saw a LugLife bag forever ago and kept trying to think of good excuses to purchase one. Then, when I was waiting for my new camera to be shipped to me, I did a lot of online shopping for a camera bag that wasn't so, well, camera-bagish. I couldn't find much, and especially nothing great for under $100. But after an exhausting night of googling, I remembered my long lost-love of the LugLife Puddle Jumper. I thought it would be a little too big, but was willing to make it work if the price was right. When I went to LugLife's website I was so happy to learn they had since developed a mini-puddle jumper!

Is that lucky or what?! As an organization lover, who is using it as a camera bag, I figure I should at least give you proof of why it is so awesome. Here are some pictures that may explain why it is so perfect (for anything really):

Look at all those pockets! It has a pocket everywhere, for anything you can imagine. Perfect for all those bulky or tiny camera accessories. But the selling point for me (not that I really needed one to seal the deal or anything), was the easy access pocket I could use to put my camera in (which is advertised as a nice place to keep a change of shoes, but I think the larger one is better for that. If you ride the metro and keep a comfy pair of shoes in your bag, I recommend the regular size puddle jumper!). 


The secret pocket also keeps it safe from all the other items in the main storage section of the bag. The whole bag is also really nicely padded- making it perfect as a camera bag! And it comes in a bunch of fun colors! I went with black though, because it goes with more outfits. 

Now, to retire the old camera and show you some shots from my new one. These are just on auto without flash, but I still think you can really tell the difference in the quality. I didn't have anything interesting to shoot, and am still waiting for the battery to fully-charge, but here are the quickies:

The first shot with the new camera! 


I never thought I had odd looking feet, but they are kind of freaking me out in that picture. 


Me trying to figure out how to use the live-image swivel view screen to take a picture of myself. 


After finally convincing Husband to take a picture with me. Don't be fooled, he only looks really happy because we were watching something really funny on TV. And finally... 


You know I can never resist taking a picture of the pup! 

Can't wait to play with it more. I'm already annoying enough with my regular camera, I can only imagine what is to come of me now. Say Cheese!

7 comments:

  1. I love the camera sitting on your patent leather tote bag! (figures I would notice that!) I am convinced I need one of those camera's also! The quality of the pictures is significantly better! Love the picture of you and Jacob!! What was on t.v. that made him smile so big? Sausage wontons are on the 4th of July menu just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for weight loss and new cameras! Now I need to go lose the rest of the baby weight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss!!! I also just got a swanky new camera. I really feel as if I could be a professional photog now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weightloss and the new camera!!! I'm loving the dental reference too...haha...I'm a nerd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG congrats!!!! What have you been doing to lose the weight?? I could definitely use some help!!!

    ReplyDelete