Husband and I were enjoying a nice evening of watching our latest Netflix obsession, Roswell (anything about Aliens and I am in), when the storm outside started brewing. Of course! I thought, there wasn't a cloud in the sky earlier and I had chosen that very day to get my car washed. Go figure. Then, right as I am about to publish the best blog post to end all other blog posts- the power goes out!
Now, this isn't the first time the power has gone off in my apartment. Sometimes it is because the hair blow dryer is going at full speed at the same time I am watching TV. But this time, the whole building's electricity came to a screeching halt. Right after the lights went out, I heard a roar of "Oh my goshes" coming from outside our window. People from our building were hanging out outside next to the pool area and saw the entire building's lights go out. I wish I had been out there, that must have been such a cool experience.
Husband quickly turned into panic-mode because the lights being out meant that not only would we not get to finish our Roswell episode, but now we were forced to find some other form of entertainment that didn't involve the computer, television, game systems, or technology in general.
| Husband goes into a deep depression after the power outage. |
"Now what are we going to do?!" There was no light in the room, but I could still see him shaking his fist in the air with utter desperation.
And then I said what no Husband ever wants to hear...
"Well, I guess we could just talk."
A "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" rang silently from his head.
He knew I would be excited that all the lights went out. After all, I love candles, I love anything that breaks up the monotony, and I love peace and quiet. After lighting all the candles we had (Note to self: must buy more candles), I decided to take this opportunity to use try out my new camera in the candle-light.
I couldn't see a lot of the buttons, so a lot of it was blind trying. But I did manage to make a cool star out of the candle lights by moving it in a star pattern as I took the picture. So simple, but so much fun to try. I couldn't believe it actually worked:
Once Husband saw me having fun with technology, he snatched the camera from me to take some of his own.
The power outage lasted until the middle of the night (don't worry, I went and turned off every light so in case that did happen, I wouldn't wake up to a million lights on). But I think it must have been the entire block, because I slept so well without any light streaming through my windows.
Husband thought someone probably crashed into a light pole and hoped everyone was okay. I preferred to think it was a spy trying to steal something from someone's house or apartment, and to avoid making a scene- he/she needed to cause a huge distraction and turn off everyone's lights instead. Then, I went searching for my cell phone and couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe I was the one being spied on...
Probably not though, I eventually found my phone because the bling on it caught the flickering light of the candle and exposed its hiding place. That is, unless the spy is really good and stole it and then put it back in time for my second-search party. Dang, they are good.





You are so BEAUTIFUL! I love the first picture! Not to burst your bubble, but we had a power outage last week and it was a tree limb falling that caused the disruption! (I actually thought someone did that to steal our fantastic dogs!) I have some extra candle's just for this purpose that Webster made me buy at a yard sale! (boy am I glad he did!!)
ReplyDeleteSince I see that you are interested in Aliens and such I thought you would like this site I have recently found. I find the Black Projects section to be very interesting and the Cypher UAV may explain many UFO sightings!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dreamlandresort.com/
I am so happy you commented! This is a historical day, one which I will remember forever... checkin' out the site now...
ReplyDeleteI just want to see my comment in the Recent Comment section. It was fun seeing you last week! Sorry I forgot to say bye when we left for Rogersville.
ReplyDelete