Long story short, I had a Blackberry Storm which treated me well for awhile but got progressively worse and eventually developed into the most unbearable device I have ever owned, and yesterday it stopped working all together. My mother was kind enough to let me take her upgrade and so I made my way to the Verizon store- I wont go into detail about how mad I get every time I go there, but I did end up finding a phone that I liked. It also happens to be one of the most popular phones on the market right now and nobody in the near vacinity had one in stock. Such is life.
SO I opted to wait it out for a phone I really wanted rather than purchasing something I didn't really want right on the spot. This is actually a pretty big moment for me as I tend to get the "gotta have it right nows" and can be relentless and unforgiving when I get a goal in my head. Some call it impatience or needing instant gratification, smart people know I just get... enthusiastic about things.
While I am waiting for my Droid Incredible (and if you have heard negative things, DO NOT mention them to me. I am a firm believer of self-fulfilling prophecies and I don't want any negative thoughts swimming around in my head. In case I wasn't clear: If you don't have anything nice to say [about the Incredible], don't say anything at all! [pretty please!]), I have to use an old Verizon phone I still had in my desk. This is also remarkable as my old phones usually go in the (1) trash bin, (2) to my brother, BNIB, who breaks phones at an unimaginable rate- seriously, I went to his apartment one time and found seven RECENTLY USED cell phones laying around in plain site, don't let any store tell you they have a phone that is unbreakable, BNIB has proved over and over again that no phone is truly indestructible - or (3) don't work anymore, hence why I got a new phone.
So knowing that I could be stuck using this old school phone, with no email or facebook or anything!, for up to 3-4 weeks, I decided there was no reason I shouldn't shake things up and do what all cool people do and BEDAZZLE IT! That's right, I've pimped my phone, I've blinged it out, I've sparkle-fied it. But best of all- I've made it EXTRA cheesy by giving it a patriotic theme. I wonder if I say it is a Second Amendment theme if work would let me expense it...
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Prepare To Be BeDazzled!
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
2 comments
U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
AMERICA, AMERICA... Bada-BLING!
THE PHONE OF THE FREE, BABY!
PATRIOTIC PUPPY!
That phone is FREEDOM-LICKING GOOD!
To come: random rants, a new camera?, the best bag for organization freaks, and more!





You did a great job blinging it UP!!! It truly is the most patriotic phone I have seen!
ReplyDeleteBling, bling! I'm totally jealous of your phone. Also, I love Matlock's expressions in the photos :)
ReplyDeleteRich and I both have Droids, and we really like them - it's worth the wait!