We make headboards! (Well, I did at least)
Since we moved in, I have been consistently trying to make our apartment look more "home-y". I've been wanting a headboard for a while now, because I suspected it would really pull the room together and am fairly happy with the results.
How I did it:
-4 pieces of wood - free! Husband's parents brought them up when they helped us move into the apartment back in August and they've just been sitting in my laundry room.
- Old Twin size (I actually suspect it is a little kid size) mattress pad - $3 at Goodwill
- Chocolate brown twin size sheet (fitted) - $18 at Target (w/a pillow case and a flat sheet)
- Glue Gun, Nails, and Hammer - already had
- Total Price: $21
I think you can imagine how I did it, it has been on enough decorating shows to know. I was really frustrated when I got home though, because I couldn't figure out how I was going to do it- I was lacking in some important tools, but refused to make it an $80 project through going out and buying more stuff. But after arguing it out with the M (my Mother for those of you who call your mom's by more conventional names), I decided to use the glue gun I already had to put the pieces of wood together. Cross your fingers they will hold- ha ha.
I also picked these vases up at Goodwill for .29 cents a piece- which I thought would help tie in the table to the green bambo rug below it (and apparently the green outside- the tree in the window looks awesome!). I had some small candles that I put in each of them- which will be really nice for all those dinner parties I host (ha ha).
Overall, I think my finds and craftiness today were money well spent for the effect they had on the rooms. My new headboard really makes the room look so... grown up (don't cry M).
PS: Husband actually took some time to nail the mattress pad (used as the headboard cushioning) to the boards- I suspect he was thinking about law school exams as he hammered.
Love and Junk
ANIB-SHO





So Cute! You did a great job!!! Love You - M
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention the vases. I love them on the table! Looks so good with the rug below and the tree in the window is an added bonus!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm (still) so impressed!! You should have a show on TLC!
ReplyDelete