6:30 PM... I walk through the door, grocery bag in hand.
"Why are you so late?" - Husband, obviously just waking up from a mini-nap
"Somebody told me to stop and get toilet paper before I came home," - Me, throwing the grocery bag of TP on the bed, "and traffic sucked."
"Why did it take so long?" - Husband
"I stopped by TJMaxx (next to the grocery store) to see if they had any polos on sale, which they did, but they were still asking too much than I wanted to---"
"WHY DID YOU BUY A NEW PURSE???" - Interupts Husband (Insert Bon Qui Qui "Rude!" statement here)
"I didn't!" - Me (convincingly innocent) "This is the same one I left the house with this morning. Remember, I was changing purses last night...."
"No. No. No. That is a new purse, you left the house this morning with a different tan one." - Husband (annoyingly observant)
"Yeah, you're right. I bought it at TJMaxx, I needed a nice tan one to go with work clothes." -Me
"You can't turn it [spending money] off, can you?" - Husband
"No. No, I can't. I have a problem. You should just take my debit card away from me." - Me, I have a problem.
"I know- I should. How much did it cost???" - Husband
"I don't know, like $20 or something (or something)." - Me, knowing good and well the exact cost was $24 (and I assume if he reads this blog, he now knows too).
"Gah, Amber... you're the one that said 'No more spending anymore money'." - Husband
"Yeah, and I mean it (starting.... now.)." - Me
"Here. Your Mom sent you something." - Husband, handing me a package
"Yay! She said she was going to send me something..." -Me, trying to open the very small package. "I meant to ask her if I am still entitled to an After-Tax-Season-Present even thought I don't live with them anymore. I could really use some new sharpies.... (my parents are accountants and we used to get a present after every tax season to make up for their career-over-family neglect during that time. Ultra Fine Point Sharpies, if you are reading this, Ma.)" - Me, still trying to open the package (!!)
"Well, you're not going to buy any new ones now..." - Husband
"Ha, ha, yeah, I know." - Me, finally looking inside the package (MOTHER- THAT PACKAGE WAS RIDICULOUSLY HARD TO GET OPENED! Go light on the tape next time, will ya?)
"AH! YAY!" - Me, pulling out of the package two clear yellow easter chicks (see photo) with $20 in each of them.

"HAPPY EASTER JACOB!" - Me again, as I hand it one to Husband.
"Awww... that was nice of them." - Husband
"Yeah! Purse money..." - Me
(picture: note the one labeled Amber no longer contains $20)
In all fairness, the me "spending money all the time" habits that Husband refers to includes things like groceries, rent, cable & internet, student loans, etc. This form of spending money Husband likes to classify under Me because I am the one that physically (writes and sends the checks) pays the bills. Why this is so, I will never know...





Too funny girl.
ReplyDeleteKayce
I picked up on that hint! What a person really needs to know is what color ultra fine point sharpies?
ReplyDelete