Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This isn't a list, technically.

Okay. Okay. I'm back. Geez, how long have you been waiting for a new post from me (Mom)?


Diet Determination and Dilemmas!

This week I started a diet. What Amber? You're so skinny, you don't need to go on a diet! (I wish people said that to me, but instead they just look back at me like tell me more about the diet you are going on- bahumbug). I really just want to feel healthier more than anything and I have a huge binge-eating problem on the weekends and wanted to get out of that routine. I estimated that I was eating well over the 2,000 calorie mark a day- so it is amazing I have not ballooned. Right now, I am just counting calories and eating healthy. How healthy?

Breakfast- Special K Red Berries Cereal with Skim Milk and OJ..... 340 calories (OJ has a lot more calories than you think)

Lunch- Salads, lately, and the calories vary, but I googled and it estimated around 300 calories. 

Dinner- varies, but I just cooked some Weight Watcher soup-FROM SCRATCH- last night (with Husband) and will be eating that every other
 meal or so- I have about two servings of it and it is usually around 80 calories per serving, plus 5 crackers (60 calories). It is so yummy for such little calorie count.

Then there are the snacks- which I haven't been doing much of lately, and when I do it is usually a 100 calorie snack once a day. 

Let me tell you, going from well over 2,000 calories a day to 1,500 calories or lower a day is not easy. I haven't really felt like I am giving up anything I love yet- but the first day, I thought I was going to pass out from hunger (or from grouchiness). And my coworkers have a bad habit of bringing in yummies for everyone (at least twice a week someone brings in something) and it has been awful turning them down. 

Exercising? Not a chance- well, not yet at least- baby steps, baby steps. Before and After Pictures to come (pending of course, ha ha)...don't worry, they will be PG. 

Nancy Drew! The Mystery of the Husband's Disdain

I got a package (see other story below) on Monday and what could it be? A box of 12 or so Nancy Drew-Vintage-books to add to my collection, which coincidentally wasn't considered a collection in my mind until I received the package. I already had 10 or so and want to expand for as long as I can. I love them and Nancy Drew in general and my mother was kind enough to send them to me. Thanks Ma! Husband hates my collection- maybe he thinks they are childish, maybe he thinks I am never going to read them all, or maybe he is just... jealous. I think we all know which one it is. Don't hate, appreciate!


Speaking of Husband...

As the super bowl was approaching, previews for one of me and Husband's favorite shows, "Chuck", was advertising their Monday night special 3-D episode. I was determined to get us our 3-D glasses and was elated when the woman at target still had some left (she laughed when I asked for them). Any who... here is a beautiful picture of Husband and I watching Chuck in 3-D- Oh wait! But what? This picture was staged! Husband would not watch the show with his 3-D glasses on! I was offended and somewhat appalled that I had married someone who would not partake in such a joyous and fun experience with me- but alas, i will get my payback- tune in tomorrow night when I expose one of his secrets! 


Package Hater

I'm just going to jump right into it- the man who works the front counter in my apartment building (the concierge is what they call him) clearly dislikes me/thinks I am running an illegal business from my apartment. 

To explain a little further, I get packages a lot (to those who send them- i love you for it, it is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world- that and letters in the mail- but who doesn't?). And while he has never warmed to my "hello, how ya doin?"s,  I have forgiven him- not everyone is as friendly. Today though, I looked online and the postal service had tracked the package and said it had been delivered to my apartment. Usually I get a sticky on my mailbox or a note under my door telling me to come pick it up, but lately I haven't been getting them. I trotted downstairs and told him the tracking number said it had been delivered and he just looked at me blankly and said, "No." 

There were packages surrounding the man, and he didn't even glance to see if he had missed one. So I am assuming one of two things at this time- 1. He is holding each package a few days after he gets them just to spite me or 2. He thinks because I am getting so many packages that I must be doing something illegal and is holding them each time for the FBI to look over them first. Either way, I want my packages!

K. Enough Now. Tomorrow's will be better, this I can promise you. Love and Junk,

ANIB-SHO

PS: The picture below is for all the lovers out there... the sun never sets on the cool.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That soup looks good! I need to make some this weekend! The books look great up there! Who else, besides me, is sending you packages? Your drug dealer? Love and Junk! Mom

    P.S. Can't wait till tomorrow's post! Is that a new camera you are using? The pictures look like you can actually see what you are taking a picture of! I am going back to look at the soup picture again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say how cute Matlock looks in his new glasses!

    ReplyDelete