So blog posts don't come naturally to me- well, at least not as much as I would like them to.
Valentine's Day was lovely.
Husband, much to my surprise, did very well. He is a notorious last minute gifter so unless I heavily hint (and by that I mean if I am saying it and I don't see him immediately pick up a pen and see him try to write it on his hand without me seeing him, then I can pretty much forget about it) and he usually doesn't go shopping for gifts until the day before or the day of- which usually means I know he is going to get me the last three things I mentioned I liked at Target- ha ha. (I'm not complaining though, he remembered, right?)
Well in true fashion, I had ordered him 3 books off Amazon weeks before (which he knew were coming because he knows he is going to get a book and thus checks the amazon account come gift time), but I was sneaky and also ordered him an embosser- which reads "From the Library of (Husband's Name Here)". I also bought tickets to the movie Taken from work ($3 off each ticket if I buy them through work) and filled my biggest purse up with store bought colas, popcorn, and candy so we could see the movie the way Husband likes to see it- on the cheap. And if you know me- I like to go to the movies a lot and I like the works- so skipping on the movie theatre popcorn was not an easy task. But Alas! He loved it and spent most of the free time we had the next few days embossing his books.
In his true fashion, Husband woke up Valentine's Day and went shopping. I was kind of disappointed in him until he got back and (after not letting me see him) he had bought me three orange roses, which I loved, and managed to scour many different stores to find me my favorite Russell Stover's candy (the caramel collection- on a side note I basically said "don't come home without these" and since he never got me my chocolate birthday cake- I think he may have known it was a do or die situation). As I was getting ready to go out to eat (Olive Garden), Husband walked in the room holding a shirt I had pointed out in where else but Target. It was such a sweat jester. I was trying on my shirt when I heard Husband clanking around in the kitchen. When I inquired as to what he was doing in there, he just huffed and puffed and said, "I don't want to show you because it is supposed to be a surprise for later, but I don't know if I am doing this right."
I knew it had to be food related.
So he let me peak/help and he had bought lots of strawberries and some Hershey chocolate bars to make chocolate covered strawberries. He also bought me some champagne because I had been saying for the last few weeks that I had a horrible craving for it.
BUT THE BEST PART WAS OUR PUPPY LOVE (see video). No, I mean literally, what we gave our perfect puppy, Matlock, for Valentine's Day. Jacob distracted Matlock while I made a trail of treats leading from the bedroom to the kitchen and at the end was two yummy bones- which he is known to love-and a new bobo toy. Matlock didn't know what to do- he was so confused when he had to pick which one to get comfy with first. (PS: Forgive the messyness of my apartment- I was on strike that week, but eventually gave up because I couldn't stand it being so messy). ALSO- I tried tirelessly to rotate the video- but for some reason, blogger won't play it any way but sideways, so crank your neck or flip your computer screen on its side, ha ha.
Really though, it was the best Valentine's day gesture Husband and I could do together because when I pitched the idea to him and he agreed whole-heartily and with as much excitement, it solidified our soul mateness... if he didn't love Matlock as much as I do, he just wouldn't be the one.
Until next time... (which I promise will be sooner than later- I've been busy re-doing the voyageofaliikai.com website!)
ANIB-SHO





I cranked my neck. Matlock was so cute! Loved this idea! I am glad you had a good Valentines Day!
ReplyDeleteHey, Amber. Cute video. Macon and Maggie watched it with me. I told them it was Matlock, Jacob and Amber's doggie and they waved at the screen and said Hi Amber and Jacob. Too cute. Next time we need a video of you and Jacob so the kids dont forget what you look like. LOL. Glad you had a good Valentine's Day.
ReplyDeleteI miss you guys!
ReplyDelete-Will