Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ten ways I celebrated 2010.

1. I bought 3 calendars at Borders on Wednesday, or New Year's Eve Eve, to ensure that I properly ring in the new year when I get back to work. They were having a 50% off sale and I was pleasantly surprised to find a ridiculously awesome Star Trek Wall Calendar, Nancy Drew personal calendar, and a Word-of-the-Day Desk Calendar all in one place! I'm pretty stoked, which is to be expected because I am a nerd and nerds get excited over stuff nobody else cares about, that's what makes them nerds. Jan. 1st word of the day, Syncretic, which is so vocabtastic that spell check isn't even recognizing the word. See pictures below (don't worry Boss, these were taken after 5 pm)...


2. I found a writer who might be my writing soul mate (well, this person and Katie Lewis (High School) who I love reading the most, probably because I know her). I read an article by Monica Hesse, an Arts & Living writer at The Washington Post, and I literally got giddy with excitement when I first read a piece by her (Thursday). I couldn't wait to read more. Literally. I spent a good amount of time perusing her archives section and sent her two fan emails, I may have reached stalker status- she wrote back though, so all is good. She is hilarious but still very poignant. Click here for her archives section.

3, 4, & 5. (3.)I got off work at 12 on Thursday and headed off for my New Year's Eve date with Husband. After eating some (4.) Mexican food (still can't find any place that compares to Martin's La Cabana), Husband and I watched the new (5.) Avatar movie in 3D. Super spectacular! I want to be a blue person now, how does one swing that? Me in my 3D glasses giving the movie two thumbs up...


6. Husband then cooked me another tasty Top Chef Shorter dish. The menu: steak, lobster tail, mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms- it was a thing of beauty. After I took a bite of anything, I would say "This is my favorite thing." I think he does nice plating too...


7. I got sick (see previous post) while we we went on the hunt for the movie, The Hangover, and some dessert. This is unrelated to #6. Luckily, I survived and think it was more in my head than anything. After loading up on Benedryl I wasn't sure I was going to ring in the new year at 12:01 AM, but I managed to stay awake long enough to wish everyone a Happy New Year. The pictures below weren't taken earlier in the night...



8. Friday I slept in (after 1 pm is all I will admit) and we watched, after much convincing and begging on Husband's part, the movie The Hangover. He bribed me with Strawberry Daquiries, and it worked because I laughed throughout the entire film.

9. Afterwards, we watched the Gators play in the Sugar Bowl. I want to thank Urban Meyer for quitting as the Florida Gators' coach right after Husband received all his new Florida gear on Christmas. Because of Urban, I am now the proud wife of the most depressed person on the planet. Check out his new, bright orange shoes though. Those kicks would brighten anyone's day...


10. As New Year's Day came to a close, I made my New Year's Resolutions list, which include things like drinking more water, exercising once a week (I'm trying to be realistic), reading a book a month at least, and blogging more (as well as ones I am not willing to admit).

Happy Twenty Ten!

4 comments:

  1. That food looks really good. We found a really good Mexican place here but nobody make Pachuga Frita like Cabana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say those shoes look like Tennessee Vols shoes! A Nancy Drew calender! Wow what a find! Happy 2010!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm commenting. Funny you should mention Florida. As soon as Richie and I heard the announcement, the first thing we said to each other was "I hope Jacob is okay!" Aren't we good friends? kbye.

    ReplyDelete