Monday, June 22, 2009

Funny Story... (and no time for clever titles)

I finish reading a story to Husband and laugh hysterically.


Husband looks back at me with no emotion.

Me: "How do you not think that was funny??!"

Husband: "Because it just wasn't funny."

Me: "That was hilarious!"

I proceed to dramatically explain to him the humor in the story.

Husband smiles as I re-hash the details.

Me: "Isn't that funny??!"

Husband: "No."

Me: "I feel sorry for you because you can't see humor in the small things."

Husband: "I can see humor in the small things, I just don't think it was funny."

Me: "You were smiling which means you do think it was somewhat funny."

Husband: "No, I think you're funny."

Me: "So I would make a good story?"

Husband: "No. I think you are the kind of funny people have to watch to think is funny."

Me: "So you think I would make a funny show? You think I would be a good reality show?"

Husband: "Not a reality show necessarily. I just think you're the kind of funny that someone would have to marry to become your husband, and then watch you as your husband to think you're funny."

Me: "That's not funny."

Please note that Husband did not think this story was funny or blog worthy. But if you smiled or laughed or just thought part of it was funny, I believe it was worth blogging about and think you should comment on it.

If you didn't think it was funny, you probably just had to be there- ha ha ha ha ha ha. I crack myself up.

(PS: Check out my awesome labels for this post)

2 comments: