Watching Boston Legal...
"That's the kind of lawyer I want to be!" laughed Husband (very happy and excited) watching Denny Crane act lovably crazy.
"Me too!" said Wife (me, very happy and excited too). "Can I be a lawyer too?"
"You can get me a Good Humor bar (strawberry shortcake ice cream bar).........Paralegal," said Husband.
"WHAT? You don't think I could be a good lawyer?" said Wife.
"You have a really cute nose... I hope our kids get your nose," said Husband, trying to distract Wife from his previous comment.
"You want our kids to look just like me. That's what you always say. What part of you would you like our kids to get from you? huh? huh? huh? what part, Husband?" the Wife said, raising her voice at what he would say or not-say-but-imply next (he thinks he is soooo much smarter than me).
"I don't know..." Husband stalled, starting to smile because he knows Wife knows exactly what it is that he wants his kids to genetically inherit from him (the Brains).
"Say it, Husband. Say it!" exclaimed Wife.
Husband continues to deny knowing what Wife is talking about.
LIAR! It is true what they say about Lawyers... I don't want to be one anyway... (even though everyone says I should be one).
Love and Junk
*Please Note: In all fairness, Husband did actually call me "Counselor" instead of "Paralegal" but I thought the story would be conveyed better the other way- because if you heard him say it, he did not mean "Counselor". Either way, he will pay. And paralegals probably actually do all the work anyway... Lawyers Shmawyers, they just sign the papers and play golf.*





So true! So true! I am married to a lawyer, I know!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete6,954! You are so COOL and in DEMAND!
ReplyDeleteLove and Junk,