Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Everybody Loves Lists!

So here is my list of things to talk about:


1. Want to hear what the book I am writing is about? Too bad. It's a secret....unfortunately, even to me.

2. I listened to the book Sundays at Tiffany's on the drive back to NOVA (12 hours!) and I have to say, it really makes me angry when they say the character looks like one thing in the book and then they put a completely different figure on the cover! The main character is known for her bubbly blondeness and on the cover she has black curly hair. Argh! Maybe I am just mad because the blondes got slighted once again...

4. Amy (Husband's cousin's wife) and I started a little competition this break- it involves the race to procreate first (see spaghetti picture label)- I was only kidding, but alas! two days later (today), I get a call informing me of her victory. But you are a cheater Amy! Yeah, I said it. A cheater! She had a headstart and therefore the competition was null from the beginning! Luckily, I wasn't serious about the competition, yay for Amy! As for me, I have six or so more years ahead...

5. Today I failed my new year's resolution, which was to only spend $125-$150 on groceries, beauty products, etc. a month. As a part of my plan, I purchased a membership to BJs wholesale club (a Sam's Club type deal). I spent $216 while I was there, which still isn't bad for supplies for the entire month, but I thought Husband was going to faint when he saw the bill. Faint away Husband! Atleast I'm trying... The flaw in this plan is that since we buy in bulk now, we have a lot less variety in our meals. I'm thinking Taco Tuesdays, Sgetti Saturdays, Sporkchop Sundays? Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Whatever, I stink at new year's resolutions (but who doesn't?). PS: On my club card, I look like a crack-addicted possessed woman...not attractive, but still no different from the look I get when someone tells me to get out of bed in the morning.

6. Everyone misses me already... check my facebook wall, it's documented (and true). ( I have to brag about this, I have no friends here!) On a side note: I miss everyone too! 

7. At lunch today, some of my coworkers made fun of younger guys wearing sweaters or blazers with elbow patches. I firmly stood my ground that elbow patches can be sexy. Sadly, I was out numbered. Am I wrong about this? Either way, I married an elbow-patch kinda guy (Husband, in case you were wondering what his name was), and I've never seen him look better than when he is sporting the "professor" look. In case you are wondering, yes, I also think fondly of argyle sweaters. 

8. Hmmm... I really need a soap box item.... it wouldn't be a blog without a soap box item....what to get on my soap box about.... hmmm... oh! how about this!? Sometimes when people find out I am married, they say things like "You're married? I can't believe that. I guess I just like to do what I want, with who I want, when I want," to which I want to say back, "that is what I am doing...mine just happens to be with the same person (ignorance!)" Pshhh.

9. (Can) you (count) how (many) times (I) have (used) parenthesis (in) this (blog) entry(?)

10. Better question, where did #3 go? I'm not telling...

11. I am currently the new "webmaster" for my friend Boggs' website- actually the website of the Aliikai crew- (my friend who is sailing around the world for 18 months). It still has a lot more pages to add and little fixes to work out, but if you want to see a rough draft the website is www.voyageofaliikai.com. 

12. Every morning I watch Fox and Friends in the Morning and since the election is over, the hosts have been looking for a new slogan. I submitted my suggestion today (they are taking suggestions as jokes) and I completely ripped it from my (x)sorority's slogan. Anywho... listen for it every morning! My suggestion was "Fox and Friends, the First and Finest in News". I bet I win. 

Until next time... love and junk.

ANIB-SHO 

2 comments:

  1. I don't get the spaghetti sauce picture. I love elbow patches and what was #3? Glad you are posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because she is "Prego!" C'mon Ma!

    ReplyDelete