Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Missing you...

It's late and I can't stop thinking about the past. My friendships, my relationships, my pets and my extracurricular (and curricular) activities. 


The olden days when friendships were abundant and relationships were complicated and I could speak to someone I love face-to-face instead of via facebook and text messages. The days when backroading and mexican food with a good friend was only a phone call away. When long days of CSI marathons were cherished amongst silent, but present friends. Days of hanging out in the comm lab until three in the morning, watching flag-football in the freezing cold, floating down the Martin trenches in the pouring rain, planning movie plots, playing "video games" and not playing "video games," secret trips to the church in the middle of the day, and so on. 

I keep playing through my head the things I wish I never said and how those people I hurt or made angry or sad, whatever, would never know that I still regret it today. I often think about all the people I wish well, even those I have fallen out of touch with or have probably forgotten I even exist anymore. 

But most of all, I think about the future. Where will these people be? Where will I be? Will I have made any impact on their lives? Will they ever remember anything I said to them? Did I ever say anything worth remembering (ha ha)? Will they wish me well too? Will we still speak? For most of them, probably not- but for all of them, I know I will be wishing them well and wishing we still spoke. 

1 comments:

  1. The older you get the more you will think of past times. Sometimes you regret, sometimes you miss, sometimes you are happy, sometimes you are sad.....but you never forget! Even without photographs! Have a Great Day! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete